In two easy phases
The complete process of removing an older kitchen and starting an Ikea kitchen installation can be divided into two phases.
Phase 1 is everything you do before starting to remove the old kitchen. Phase 2 is everything that happens after you start the demolition and begin the Ikea kitchen installation itself.
Activities in phase 1 are taking measurements and designing the kitchen. This is where we're creating a layout plan, choosing door and drawer fronts, deciding whether you want under cabinet lights and everything else that has to do with your kitchen. In other words, phase 1 is where you make all the decisions.
Phase 2 is where all the action takes. We will remove the old kitchen, have new floors put in, do any changes needed to the plumbing and electrical system, and paint walls and ceiling if needed. We will also install all cabinets, countertop, sink, appliances and everything else that needs installing.
In order to get started with designing your new kitchen, I can offer two options as described in the following.
OPTION 1 - Kitchen Measurement & In-Home Kitchen Planning
I will visit you in your home to create a detailed layout of your new kitchen for you, using the IKEA Home Planner software, including cabinets, panels, filling, handles, and appliances.
In-Home Planning Service includes:
- The measurements of your room will include:
- Room dimension (height, length, width)
- Dimension and position of windows and doors
- Position of external walls
- Width of all windows (including the sill) and their height above the floor
- Position of sloping ceilings
- Position of electric, water and gas connections and other fixtures.
- Check to see if all room corners are square, and all walls are plumb.
- Three-hour personal consultation.
- Detailed kitchen layout and 3D view drawing prepared on the software, IKEA Home Planner, and emailed you as a pdf-file.
- Itemized price quote for IKEA Kitchen products (cabinetry, appliances)
- Explanation of the buying and installation process
Important to know:
Walls and ceilings don't need to be finished; plumbing, gas, and electrical connections don't need to be present at the appointment time.
I will not bring samples to our appointment, only my experience and good advice. You will be receiving a planning service, not a design service. I know about functionality and layout, not about style/design. You must make your style decisions before your planning appointment.
Price: $299 - Up to 3 hours in your home and my office planning work included.