In two easy phases
The complete process of removing an older kitchen and starting an Ikea kitchen installation can be divided into two phases.
Phase One is everything you do before starting to remove the old kitchen. Phase Two is everything that happens after you start the demolition and begin the Ikea kitchen installation itself.
Activities in Phase One consist of taking measurements and designing the kitchen. This is where we're creating a layout plan, choosing door and drawer fronts, deciding whether you want under cabinet lights and everything else that has to do with your kitchen. In other words, phase 1 is where you make all the decisions.
In Phase Two, all the action happens. First, you will have the old kitchen removed and new floors installed if needed. Second, any necessary changes to the plumbing and electrical system and painting the walls and ceiling, if needed, are also Phase Two activities. And of course, the installation of all cabinets, the countertop, the sink, and the appliances.
In order to get started with designing your new kitchen, I offer two options as described in the following.
OPTION 1 - Kitchen Measurement & In-Home Kitchen Planning
I will visit you in your home to create a detailed layout of your new kitchen using the IKEA Home Planner software, including cabinets, panels, filling, handles, and appliances.
In-Home Planning Service includes:
- The measurements of your room will consist of the following:
- Room dimensions (height, length, width)
- Dimension and position of windows and doors
- Position of external walls
- Width of all windows (including the sill) and their height above the floor
- Position of sloping ceilings
- Position of electric, water and gas connections and other fixtures.
- Check if all room corners are square and all walls are plumb.
- Detailed kitchen layout and 3D view drawing prepared on the software, IKEA Home Planner and emailed to you as a pdf file.
- Itemized price quote for IKEA Kitchen products (cabinetry, appliances)
- Explanation of the buying and installation process
Important to know:
Walls and ceilings don't need to be finished; plumbing, gas, and electrical connections don't need to be present at the appointment time.
I will not bring samples to our appointment, only my experience and sound advice. You will be receiving a planning service, not a design service. I know about functionality and layout but not about style/design.
Before our appointment, I will ask you to fill out this form.
Price: $299 - Up to 3 hours at your home, including my office planning work.